Sr. Sharepoint Database / Web Developer - TS clearance
Advanced Resource Technologies Inc (ARTI), is currently recruiting for Sr SharePoint Database/Web Developer in support of a federal government agency in the Northern Virginia area. Position is full-time, exempt and immediately available.
The Sr Sharepoint Database/Web Developer will support a security and technology services contract.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Effectively and efficiently interface information technology systems both within and external to the organization. Provide project management and cross-departmental coordination for the application of software and hardware to support the Technical Analysis Branch in programming efforts that improve and enhance data processing operations.
- Implement existing collection, analysis and reporting processes into database driven web applications.
- Work with problems or concepts in clearly defining business needs and develop and support project management plans to meet those needs.
- Formulate and maintain documentation related to systems and business application software initiatives.
- Assist in establishing Service Level Agreements (SLAs) between the Technical Analysis Branch and the Chief Technology Office.
- Develop detailed programming specifications, and program, test and debug complex applications and/or systems programs
Design, development and deployment of SharePoint apps across the environments.
Developing custom web parts and integrating enterprise content with SharePoint.
Produce PowerShell scripts to automate regular tasks, produce reports, simplify complex tasks and fix problems, as needed.
- Configure SharePoint web parts to enter and integrate all data related to management processes to create dashboards, workflows, trackers, weekly and monthly reports, metrics, online database connections, etc.
- Ability to read, understand, and reconfigure/rewrite existing code.
- Redesign or optimize existing websites and be conversant in SharePoint 2010 and 2013 solutions.
- Create or modify customized reports, lists, charts, databases, business data connections.
- Coordinate application design, development, testing, and implementation with the objective of integrating customer processes and data flows to include management tools, planning, and scheduling.
- Coordinate or develop reports that support analysis.
- Design and implement reports from multiple sources.
- Create technical documentation, user guides, and standard operating procedures for required developed processes.
- Resolve technical problems.
- Interact with technical team to maintain, optimize, and troubleshoot websites, servers, and related infrastructure..
Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or in other computer-related studies.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in web design, web architecture, web development, interface design or software design.
- In-depth experience developing web-based applications.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external to the Department of State).
- Strong problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive, self-starter, and willing/able to take ownership of and manage projects.
- Strong commitment to quality through work products and documentation of activities/processes/ procedures.
- Ability to conceptualize, present and execute ideas in a timely manner.
- Detail-oriented. Accountable for a high standard of precision in their work product.
- Able to work effectively in a demanding, time sensitive and often charged environment.
- A team player, able to coordinate effectively on projects with internal and external partners.
- 4+ years of experience with development related applications such as Eclipse and ColdFusion.
- Experience in defining and integrating session variables into developed applications.
- Experience developing and managing databases using SQL Server 2008 Management Studio or greater.
- Experience building, modelling, enhancing or adding functionality to relational databases and database designs / models.
- 4+ years of experience with Microsoft Office applications including Access, Project, PowerPoint, Word and Visio. Strong development experience with SharePoint and Excel.
Fielding / Sustainment
- Knowledge of configuration control/version control software suites such as JIRA (Agile), GIT repositories, Mylyn, and Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Ability to adapt and upgrade projects during software upgrades and transitions, including Microsoft Windows 10, Office365, SharePoint Online, and Dynamics.
- Experience with designing and developing complex SharePoint sites consisting of multiple levels and accesses, APIs, and integration of other applications (e.g., calendars, forms, workflows).
- Demonstrated familiarity with Microsoft’s Visual Studio - Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
- Demonstrated familiarity with developing database driven web applications in ASP.NET with Visual Basic or C#.
- Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase, PostgreSQL or MySQL experience is preferred.
- Experience with Visual Basic.NET or C#.NET application design and development is preferred.
- Security+ certification preferred
- CSSLP certification preferred
- GWeb certification preferred
- Demonstrated experience with Agile (Kanban) development methodologies
- Knowledge of Accessibility/Section 508 compliance (U.S. Rehabilitation Act)
- Data integration experience including collection and organization of data from diverse platforms into relational databases is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Scrum Master Certification (Preferred)
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification (Preferred)
- Microsoft SQL Server Database Certification (Preferred)Candidate will be able to work in a fast paced and collaborative environment, possess strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to work closely with peers, business partners, and customers. Must be able to articulate issues and solutions to multiple levels of the organization.
- Must be familiar with models from the System Development Life Cycle.
- Possess excellent oral and written communications, and customer service skills.
- Maintain satisfactory standard of professional competency, conduct, appearance and integrity.
- Adhere to standards of behavior that are fair, ethical, honest, and irreproachable; and reflects favorably on self, the company and the client.
Mandatory Requirement: Position may be subject to a U.S. Government Security background/suitability Investigation, Top Secret clearance, must be eligible for SCI access (SSBI must be less than 4.5 years old).
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
ARTI is committed to a work environment free of all forms of discrimination and member of DHS E-Verify Program.
ARTI recruits and hires without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time