Sr Security Specialist - Access Control - TS clearance
Advanced Resource Technologies, Inc. (ARTI) is currently recruiting for Sr Security Specialist V - Access Control in support of a contract with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. The position is full-time, exempt. Start date is immediate, based on award of DHS Suitability/Entry on Duty (EOD).
Working in the Access Control Branch, Physical Security Division (PHYSD), Office of Security, DHS the candidate will be responsible for enrolling and issuing the DHS Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12) Personal Identity Verification (PIV) Cards through the Identity Management System (IDMS) using the Authentx System.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Process access control card application requests for full-time DHS government employees, detailees to DHS from other agencies, and contractors.
- Respond to and research inquiries regarding access control issues to DHS employees and contractors.
- Programming of physical access control system (PACS) devices such as readers, remote switches into the Lenel OnGuard system.
- Program the automation of intrusion detection system (IDS) for DHS HQ throughout the National Capital Region.
- Conversion of DHS HQ personnel from legacy, magnetic swipe access cards to the new HSPD-12 DHS PIV Card through enrollment of all new and current cardholders into IDMS and then issuing a DHS PIV card, including the downloading of electronic certificates onto the card, in accordance with FPS 201 and DHS HQ Procedures Reference Book.
- Using Level access management application, manage access control database for multiple locations within the DC metro area.
- Assign predetermined Access Levels according to established procedures and protocols.
- Conduct periodic security surveys of new and existing spaces to ensure that reader and access level groupings accurately reflect current situations and whether the reader and access level names properly describe the space.
- Create a variety of reports for various clients regarding access activity and the distribution of access control cards.
- Provide positive and professional customer service to all individuals, including high-level officials, and provide accommodation for such people consistent with security requirements and operational needs.
- Conduct daily and periodic maintenance of all computer related equipment within access control card office.
- Support Visitor Management, Physical Security and Force Protection including user logons, network trouble-shooting, technical support, and updating reports.
- Perform other necessary administrative tasks to support the Access Control Branch or the Physical Security Division.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field and 5-8 years access control related physical experience security experience.
- Experience issuing access control badges and cards using Lenel OnGuard System Management and ID credential Center.
- Knowledge and expertise in ISMS and PSAMS to resolve clearance and other training issues.
- Experience in the HSPD-12 enrollment and PIV card issuance process in accordance with FIPS-201.
- Experience manually importing DHS PIV card information into the PACS system and granting initial access levels.
- Knowledge of access control process and programming of access control devices, intrusion detection systems, creation of access levels, running reports, and identifying and resolving minor and complex situations using Lenel OnGuard System Administration or Alarm Monitoring.
- Experience using Lenel OnGuard Alarm Monitoring to monitor equipment status and provide assistance in diagnosing situations in cooperation with Physical Security personnel in the field.
- Good verbal communication skills required, and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines and handle pressure situations is a must.
- Must have strong organizational and attention to detail skills.
Mandatory Requirement: Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility for access to classified information, Top Secret.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Advanced Resource Technology, Inc. is committed to a work environment free of all forms of discrimination and member of DHS E-Verify Program.
Advanced Resource Technology, Inc. recruits and hires without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time