Security Specialist - Access Control and Visitor Management Technician
Advanced Resource Technologies, Inc. (ARTI) is currently recruiting for Security Specialist - Access Control and Visitor Management Technician (Information Security Specialist) in support of a contract with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. The position is full-time, exempt. Start date is immediate, based on award of DHS Suitability/Entry on Duty (EOD).
Working in the Divisions of Headquarters (HQS) Support, comprised of Personnel Security Division (PSD), Headquarters Security Services Division (HSSD) and the Nebraska Avenue Complex (NAC) Force Protection Division (FPD) under the Office of the Chief Security Officer (OCSO), DHS the candidate will support the Access Control and Visitor Management programs for the DHS headquarters facility campus.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the Access and Visitor Management Program as follows:
- Conducts inquiries into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) for all visitors who do not possess a Common Access Card (CAC) or Personal Identity Verification (PIV) card.
- Operates Stopware's Passage Point computer software to render approval of visitors in the campus visitor management program. Conducts inquiries, as required.
- Ensure that foreign visitors and workers are registered in the Integrated Security Management System (ISMS) prior to rendering final approved access of foreign visitors
- Conduct inquiries into the Identity Management System (IDMS) to determine if foreign visitors have been registered by their sponsor.
- Answers telephone and electronic email queries for the status of visit requests.
- HS Diploma and 1-3 years access control related experience.
- Experience conducting inquiries into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC).
- Familiarity with the DHS Identity Management System (ISMS).
- Experience operating Software House's C-CURE 9000 access control software desired
- Experience in the HSPD-12 enrollment and PIV card issuance process in accordance with FIPS-201.
- Good verbal communication skills required, and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines and handle pressure situations is a must.
- Must have strong organizational and attention to detail skills.
Mandatory Requirement: Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility for access to classified information, Secret.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Advanced Resource Technology, Inc. is committed to a work environment free of all forms of discrimination and member of DHS E-Verify Program.
Advanced Resource Technology, Inc. recruits and hires without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time