Security Specialist - Access Control and Visitor Management Technician
Advanced Resource Technologies, Inc. (ARTI) is currently recruiting for Security Specialist - Access Control and Visitor Management Technician (Information Security Specialist) in support of a contract with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. The position is full-time, exempt. Start date is immediate, based on award of DHS Suitability/Entry on Duty (EOD).
Working in the Physical Security Branch (PSB), Consolidated Headquarters Security Division (CHQSD), Office of the Chief Security Officer (OCSO), DHS, the successful candidate will support the Access Control and Visitor Management programs at one of several DHS sites in DC.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the Visitor Management Program as follows:
- Conducts inquiries into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) for all visitors who do not possess a Common Access Card (CAC) or Personal Identity Verification (PIV) card.
- Operates Stopware's Passage Point computer software to render approval of visitors in the campus visitor management program. Conducts inquiries, as required.
- Answers telephone and electronic email queries for the status of visit requests.
- Conducts inquiries into the Identity Management System to determine if foreign visitors have been registered by their sponsor.
- Support the Access Control Program as follows:
- Conducts NCIC checks and temporary credentialing of services workers (e.g., custodial, cafeteria) sponsored by the General Services Administration (GSA) whom are awaiting issuance of their GSA PIV card.
- Support the CHQSD's PIV Card Issuing Facility (PCIF). Issues PIV cards and replaces damaged PIV cards to personnel authorized DHS PIV cards.
- Operates Software House's C-CURE 9000 access control software to assign perimeter and interior access clearances for workers who access the campus and interior secure spaces. Conducts other inquires, as required.
- Utilizes the Identity Management System (IMS) to revoke the tokens of cardholders who have lost their card or who have been terminated.
- Enrolls authorized personnel into the access control system.
- Conducts record keeping, as required.
- Support present and future construction work as follows:
- Conducting NCIC checks on all construction workers.
- Identity proofing all construction workers before credentialing.
- Issuing campus access control credentials to construction workers.
- Designs unique construction badges.
- Maintains construction badge records, as required.
- HS Diploma and 1-3 years access control related experience.
- Experience conducting inquiries into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC).
- Experience operating Software House's C-CURE 9000 access control software.
- Familiarity with the DHS Identity Management System (IMS).
- Experience in the HSPD-12 enrollment and PIV card issuance process in accordance with FIPS-201.
- Good verbal communication skills required, and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines and handle pressure situations is a must.
- Must have strong organizational and attention to detail skills.
Mandatory Requirement: Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility for access to classified information, Top Secret.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Advanced Resource Technology, Inc. is committed to a work environment free of all forms of discrimination and member of DHS E-Verify Program.
Advanced Resource Technology, Inc. recruits and hires without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time