Security Administrator IV
Advanced Resource Technologies, Inc (ARTI) is currently recruiting for an Industrial Security Administrator (Security Administrator IV) position in support of a contract with the Department of State at our Rosslyn, VA location. Position is full-time, exempt. Start date is immediate upon selection and clearance processing finalized.
ARTI provides overall program management support to the Department of State including industrial security, training, anti-terrorism assistance programs, protection, acquisition and management of goods and services, employment investigations, security guard program, and liaison with American overseas private sector security interests.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews Visitor Authorization Requests (VARs) submitted, in accordance with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), on contractor personnel supporting Department of State.
- Conducts clearance verifications via phone, fax and email, certifying personnel security clearances received from contracting firms; reviews contract security requirements for Department of State contractor personnel as part of the VAR approval process.
- Verifies clearance levels, investigation dates and status of contracts on VARs; communicates directly with Facility Security Officers (FSO’s) and Contracting Officer Representative (COR’s). Inputs clearance information into Department of State’s Industrial Security Management System (ISMS). Utilizes IND Contract Security Specification (DD Form 254) data base to verify contract security requirements.
- Certifies and provides certification of contractor clearances to CORs; maintains Industrial Security filing system for VARs. Liaises with DoS badge office, providing necessary clearance information on contractors, thus assisting in issuance of ID badges to contractors requiring entry to DoS in the performance of their duties. Provides regular status reports to team leader and Division Chief.
- Processes designated contractor personnel for Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) determinations issued by Department of State. Reviews e-QIPs (Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP)) on contractor personnel submitted for MRPTs.
- Responsible for the integrity of classified and sensitive but unclassified information storage, record maintenance, and data retrieval.
- Undergraduate degree and two years specialized office experience preferred.
- Degree not required with High School diploma or GED equivalent and five years of specialized administrative experience. Specialized experience includes office management, suspense tracking, review of executive level correspondence, database administration, financial and product status tracking and reporting, monthly reports, and maintaining operating procedures. Extensive knowledge of electronic database operations management, administrative and correspondence processing procedures, and understanding of procedures required for processing actions for review, approval, and release.
- NISPOM experience strongly desired and Facility Security Officer (FSO) certification a plus.
- Familiarity with the e-QIP form is desired.
- Excellent reading comprehension, writing and communications skills that include the ability to effectively communicate with personnel from various program offices within the Bureau, Department, and other agencies.
- Must have strong computer skills to include proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in performing data entry, running queries, and executing reports in MS Access or related user-end database software.
- Ability to adapt and quickly learn various computer software and applications.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is required.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively interact with personnel at all levels in a dynamic work environment is required.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Mandatory Requirement: Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility for access to classified information; Minimum of a Secret security clearance required.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
ARTI is committed to a work environment free of all forms of discrimination and member of DHS E-Verify Program.
ARTI recruits and hires without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time