SCI Security Specialist III (program guides, policy review, security awareness) - TS/SCI
Advanced Resource Technologies Inc (ARTI) is currently recruiting for a Security Specialist (Security Specialist III) in support of a contract with the Department of State at our Washington, DC location. Position is full-time, exempt. Start date is immediate upon selection and security clearance processing is completed.
In support of the Department of State, Office of Information Security, Special Security Operations Division, individual will perform a variety of database management and information duties associated with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information in support of mission requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Maintaining accountability and control of Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) documents.
* Conducts security policy review and research.
* Provides working group assistance.
* Conducts security training.
* Provides assistance for the protection and management of goods and services.
* Assists with investigations and inspections.
* Provides security program review, development, and implementation.
* Liaison with other Government and/or private agencies.
* Assists in the development and issuance of policy standards for the Special Security Operations Division responsible for the protection of SCI materials for the Department of State.
* Assists in the development, preparation, and issuance of program guides for Department of State programs.
* Monitors, analyzes and investigates security violations to determine causes, highlight program weaknesses, pinpoint responsibility/culpability, and recommending corrective action as appropriate.
* Liaison with Senior Officers, Intelligence Community and other security agencies on office security programs as required.
* Provides support services for a comprehensive security awareness program designed to educate employees conducted through the use of briefings, lectures, audio-visual presentations, and printed media.
* Assists in developing and producing security awareness media to include posters, handbooks, and similar materials.
* Provides input/review of proposed briefing and training packages.
* Works independently, with oversight, to advise and assist office personnel on matters of security policy, procedures, and regulations.
* Conducts surveys and provides a report of findings for each survey conducted.
* Ensures that security policies are implemented according to procedures without undue interruption of normal operations.
* Provides research services and advises office personnel on national and international security developments.
* Prepares input for department briefings to senior level officials.
* Reviews outgoing office correspondence for appropriate office personnel.
* Possible domestic and overseas travel in support of program reviews, investigations, and security briefings.
- Undergraduate degree with four to five years specialized security experience in one of the following areas: counterintelligence, investigations, industrial security, dignitary/YIP policy and security standard development, OPSEC, COMSEC, INFOSEC, security countermeasures programs, access system operation and management, personnel protection and protecting classified information, or region desk office
- Degree not required with five to seven years of specialized security experience
- Knowledge of ICD 704 and national and international security requirements for access to classified information.
- Understanding of and experience-based familiarity with policy formation, regulation, and legislative processes of the U.S. Federal Government.
- Ability to effectively interact with personnel at all levels in a dynamic work environment is required.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to handle work in a fast-paced environment and attention to detail.
- Good professional interpersonal skills.
Mandatory Requirement: Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility for access to Sensitive Compartment Information classified information; Must have Final Top-Secret clearance with SCI access to start.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
ARTI is committed to a work environment free of all forms of discrimination and member of DHS E-Verify Program.
ARTI recruits and hires without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time