SCI Security Specialist I - SSO - TS/SCI
Advanced Resource Technologies Inc (ARTI) is currently recruiting for a SCI Security Specialist (Security Specialist I) in support of a contract with the Department of State at our Washington, DC location. Position is full-time, exempt. Start date is immediate upon selection and security clearance processing is completed.
In support of the Department of State, Office of Information Security, Special Security Operations Division, Operations Support Branch. Individual will assist the Chief, Operations Support Branch with carrying out various security management duties to ensure the protection of intelligence information, including Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI), and intelligence sources and methods.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing support to the Department of State’s programs to protect classified National security information at all levels, intelligence information, including Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI), intelligence sources and methods, and sensitive but unclassified information within the Department.
- Assisting in the development and issuance of policy standards for the Special Security Operations Division responsible for the protection of SCI materials for the Department of State.
- Processing Department of State personnel for access to SCI.
- Coordinating with Senior Officers, Intelligence Community (IC), and other security agencies on security programs as required.
- With minimal oversight, advising and assisting office personnel on matters of security policy, procedures and regulations.
- Providing support services for a comprehensive security awareness program designed to educate employees conducted through the use of briefings, lectures, audio-visual presentations, and printed media.
- Assisting in developing and producing security awareness media to include posters, handbooks, and similar materials.
- Preparing and presenting SCI indoctrination and security awareness briefings to senior level officials
- Maintaining contact with security officials from other government agencies and contracting firms to facilitate employees’ access to SCI at the Department of State.
- Ensuring that security policies are implemented according to procedures without undue interruption of normal operations.
- Undergraduate degree and two to three years specialized experience in one of the following areas: counterintelligence, investigations, industrial security, security countermeasures programs, security education and training, and protecting classified information.
- Degree not required with three to five years’ specialized experience.
- Specialized experience includes office management, suspense tracking, review of executive level correspondence, database administration, financial and project status tracking and reporting, monthly reports, and maintaining operating procedures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word; database software, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of IC database of individuals eligible for access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
- Knowledge of electronic database operations management, administrative and correspondence processing procedures, and understanding of procedures required for processing actions for review, approval and release.
- Working knowledge of Federal agencies’ security policies and procedures such as the NISPOM, IC directive, and national and international security requirements.
- Knowledge of IC policies and procedures.
- Experience coordinating with other government agencies and private sector personnel.
- Excellent administrative and analytical skills and the willingness to learn any specific program requirements of the position.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels in a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, and the ability to work independently and as a member of the team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines and handle pressure situations.
Mandatory Requirement: Position will be subject to a U.S. Government Security Investigation. Incumbent must possess Top Secret security clearance and be eligible for access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) without exceptions. Incumbent must retain SCI eligibility throughout the period of performance.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
ARTI is committed to a work environment free of all forms of discrimination and member of DHS E-Verify Program.
ARTI recruits and hires without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time