RF Engineer Digital
Advanced Resource Technologies Inc (ARTI), is currently recruiting for a RF Engineer Digital with the Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS) which is the security and law enforcement arm of the U.S. Department of State (the Department) in Springfield, VA. Position is full-time, exempt. Start date is immediate upon selection and security clearance processing is completed.
The Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS) is the security and law enforcement arm of the U.S. Department of State (the Department). DS is a world leader in international investigations, threat analysis, cyber security, counterterrorism, security technology, and protection of people, property, and information. Its primary mission is to provide a safe and secure environment for the conduct of U.S. foreign policy. The Office of Security Technology (ST) supports the DS mission through the application and use of appropriate technical security countermeasures.
The Countermeasures Program (CMP) and Security Technology Operations (STO) divisions are operational components within ST. CMP is primarily responsible for worldwide technical countermeasures policy for the Department. Countermeasures policies enforce the protection of sensitive and classified information. CMP also manages the overseas technical surveillance countermeasures (TSCM) program.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for leading the radio frequency (RF) engineering staff in evaluating new Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) RF technologies, both hardware and software based radios and information technologies found in the general office environment and for the mobile employee.
- Responsible for the evaluation of new technologies to include RF and optical, providing technical reports to senior government officials, as well as highlighting possible security vulnerabilities while making appropriate recommendations.
- Conduct open source research on emergent technologies.
- Report on vulnerabilities and potential countermeasures.
- Generate RF environment baselines (worldwide).
- Document selected vulnerabilities via laboratory testing.
- Assisting in the drafting and review of technical security policies and guidelines involving state of the art information technologies and its implementation in Department of State resources.
- Responsible for gathering information on new technologies and any previous associated research found on those technologies, identify emanations found not previously recognized, and to implement and maintain a database of signal parameters for future easy recognition.
- Assist in various laboratory testing to determine the vulnerabilities associated with, but not limited to GSM, GPRS, CDMA, IEEE 802.15, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (Wi-Fi), Free Space Optical (FSO) and Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technologies.
- Familiarity with cryptography and the best security practices for computer networks and mobile computers.
- Knowledge of commercial RF technologies, e.g. GSM/GPRS/EDGE, CDMA, Bluetooth, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, RFID, and WiMAX.
- Knowledge of information technology hardware and software capabilities.
- Knowledge of modulation schemes and types.
- Awareness of Intelligence Community as well as a familiarity with various agency specific policies.
- May be required to travel OCONUS to conduct installation, training or maintenance at diplomatic facilities.
- Domestic travel may be required for training and program coordination.
- Electrical Engineering or similar field or at least ten years of equivalent RF work experience.
- Desired experience in advanced radio wave propagation theory, digital communication systems and bit-stream analysis.
- SIGINT or Signal Analyst experience.
Mandatory Requirement: Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility for access to Sensitive Compartment Information classified information; Must have Final Top Secret clearance and be eligible for SCI access.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
ARTI is committed to a work environment free of all forms of discrimination and member of DHS E-Verify Program.
ARTI recruits and hires without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time