Research Program Analyst - DOD/STEM - Secret clearance
Research Program Analyst Vacancy
Advanced Resource Technologies, Inc. (ARTI) is currently recruiting a Research Program Analyst (military, scientific, defense), Jr. level in support of a contract with the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) at our Arlington, VA location. Position is full-time, exempt. Start date is immediate upon selection with 2 weeks notice to current employer.
We are looking for a customer service-focused and motivated individual to join our team at our Arlington, VA location (3 blocks from metro). The successful applicant will provide research, business analysis and project support to engineers, scientists, and military personnel, in a variety of cutting edge scientific and defense technologies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with clients and staff to develop research approaches to support program and agency requirements.
- Perform research for literature and data related to scientific projects using online subscription databases and journals including, but not limited to, IEEE, EBSCOHost, American Physical Society (APS), and various open web, defense-specific, and STEM-related resources.
- Collaborate with team members to develop and implement special projects in support of research team’s outreach efforts
- Maintain access to electronic resources and information materials through a SharePoint intranet page
- Provide regular communications to Agency personnel including informational updates and weekly newsletters
- Create quality deliverables; be able to compile, analyze, prepare, and package research and analysis results into organized briefs to be presented to engineers, scientists and military personnel
- Serve as a liaison to Agency offices with specific technology focus areas.
- Monitor library subscriptions and renewals, track billing and request for new subscriptions.
- Recognize priorities and independently organize work to meet established deadlines;
- Follow internal procedures to ensure adequate control of deadlines and progress reports;
- Generate statistical, production, and other types of reports.
- Provide database administrative and program support.
- As needed, assist with request for information (FOIA) and public release action requests.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of research or analysis experience required gained through work and/or college experience. Demonstrate a working knowledge of current resources to support scientific and defense-related research. DoD experience desired.
- Possess strong organizational skills, knowledge of research methodologies and working knowledge of scanning, imaging, and indexing technologies.
- Customer service-focused with strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with clients and colleagues from diverse backgrounds, cultures and learning styles.
- Demonstrate innovative and creative approaches in developing projects and following through on their implementation.
- Detail-oriented, flexible, able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Highly organized self-motivated individual who is reliable, energetic and enthusiastic about delivering information solutions.
- Strong desire to conduct in-depth research projects in a variety of defense/scientific subject areas.
- Ability to quickly obtain and understand information and be able to present it to the customer in an intelligent manner.
- Ability to work independently -and as part of a team- and adapt quickly to dynamic work environments.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and present results/data effectively through written reports and presentations.?
- Strong computer skills including MS Office and database skills and the ability to create charts, graphs and reports.
- Desired degrees: library sciences, business analysis, science or technology, liberal arts
- Experience responding to and supporting research requests.
- Experience managing research requests and conducting research-gathering interviews.
- Understanding of computer science, analytics, STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math).
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility for access to classified information and Secret Clearance.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Advanced Resource Technologies, Inc. is committed to a work environment free of all forms of discrimination and member of DHS E-Verify Program.
Advanced Resource Technologies, Inc. recruits and hires without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time