Industrial Security Specialist
Advanced Resource Technologies, Inc (ARTI) is currently recruiting for an Industrial Security Specialist (Security Specialist I) in support of a contract with the Department of State at our Rosslyn, VA location. Position is full-time, exempt. Start date is immediate upon selection and clearance processing finalized.
ARTI provides overall program management support to the Department of State including industrial security, training, anti-terrorism assistance programs, protection, acquisition and management of goods and services, employment investigations, security guard program, and liaison with American overseas private sector security interests.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities as an Industrial Security Specialist include but are not limited to:
- Reviews critical clearance and moderate risk public trust (MRPT) packages and resolves any and all issues to ensure "zero" errors prior to submitting clearance and MRPT requests to the Office of Personnel Security and Suitability, Bureau of Diplomatic Security
- Ensures that Electronic Questionnaires for Investigation Processing (eQIP), Standard Form 86s and Standard Form 85Ps for designated DoS contractor personnel are processed expeditiously
- Regularly tracks progress of investigations, ensuring that investigations proceed without incident.
- Notifies contracting firms and project personnel regarding the granting or denial of personnel security clearances or MRPT determinations
- Maintains liaison with other government agencies and contracting firms regarding clearance issues and other security matters
- Advises and assists program personnel on matters of industrial security policy, procedures and regulations.
- Provides advice, assistance and training to contracting firms, particularly with regard to DoS industrial security program, procedures for submission of clearance and MRPT packages
- Provides critical input at project meetings held with program offices and contracting firms
- Undergraduate degree with two to four years specialized security experience in one of the following areas: counterintelligence, investigations, industrial security, dignitary/VIP policy and security standard development, OPSEC, COMSEC, INFOSEC, security countermeasures programs, access system operation and management, personnel protection and protecting classified information, or region desk office
- Degree not required with three to five years of specialized security experience Knowledge of NISPOM and, national and international security requirements
- General experience in developing and writing policies and procedures. Specialized experience includes NISPOM and FSO experience as directly related to duties and responsibilities
- Knowledge of subversive organizations and their methods of operation. Knowledge of national and international industrial security practices
- Understanding of, and experience-based familiarity with, industrial security practices required to establish and maintain system integrity for safeguarding classified information in a secure environment
- Ability to communicate and coordinate actions effectively with individuals at all organizational and management levels within, and external to, the Department
- Must be knowledgeable with computer information security
- Must have excellent writing skills. Sufficient computer skills to produce all written work in final form
Mandatory Requirement: Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility for access to classified information, minimum of a Secret security clearance required to start and then may be processed for a Top Secret clearance level.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
ARTI is committed to a work environment free of all forms of discrimination and member of DHS E-Verify Program.
ARTI recruits and hires without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time