Industrial Security Policy Support (Security Specialist IV)
Advanced Resource Technologies Inc (ARTI) is currently recruiting for an Industrial Security Policy Support (Security Specialist IV) in support of a contract with the Department of Homeland Security at our Washington DC location. Position is full-time, exempt. Start date is immediate upon selection and security clearance processing as required.
In support of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Office of the Chief Security Officer (OCSO) the National Security Services Division (NSSD) Individual will report to and support the Division Chief, to manage three areas: physical security projects, industrial security oversight and security policy for all disciplines. Responsibilities include: security training; security program development; and the ability to draft various security related documents.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interpret federal policy, as it relates to personnel security and provide department wide guidance.
- Assist in the development, preparation and issuance of Departmental personnel security guidance.
- Work independently, with oversight, to advise and assist office personnel on matters of security policy, procedures and regulations.
- Monitor, analyze and investigate security violations to determine causes, highlight program weaknesses, pinpoint responsibility/culpability and recommend corrective action.
- Liaison with servicing personnel security offices and other government agencies.
- Provide training, through briefings and webinars to varied audiences on personnel security policy and departmental implementation.
- Conduct needs surveys and provide a report of findings for each survey conducted.
- Provide input/review of proposed policies and conduct research as needed.
- Review outgoing office correspondence for appropriate office personnel.
- Advise management on personnel security and information to aid in decision making and problem solving
- Undergraduate degree and ten (10) years specialized security or fourteen (14) years of specialized experience
- Experience as a regional desk officer preferred, but not required
- Specialized security experience includes counterintelligence, investigations, industrial security, dignitary/VIP policy and security standard development, OPSEC, COMSEC, INFOSEC, security countermeasures programs, access systems operation and management, personnel protection and protecting classified information.
- Knowledge of NISPOM and national and international security requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally with all levels of personnel.
- Excellent administrative and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team.
Mandatory Requirement: Position will be subject to a U.S. Government Security Investigation. Incumbent must possess Top Secret security clearance without exceptions.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
ARTI is committed to a work environment free of all forms of discrimination and member of DHS E-Verify Program.
ARTI recruits and hires without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time