Graphic Designer - Adobe Creative Cloud & Secret clearance
Advanced Resource Technologies, Inc. (ARTI) is currently recruiting for a Graphic Designer to support the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). This position is full-time, exempt. Start date is immediate upon selection and Secret security clearance processing as required.
The Graphic Designer applies their expertise and skill in visual communication, graphic style and practical design to create compelling original artwork in a multitude of formats and mediums in support of the Agency mission. A customer service background is key to success in this position as the department works as a team to support the entire agency. Prior graphics experience in a defense, scientific or research environment a plus.
Mandatory Requirement: Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility for access to classified information, Secret.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but are not limited to:
- Creation of signage, charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork, using Adobe Creative Cloud. Includes Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Bridge and Acrobat Pro.
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, brochures, pamphlets, publications and internet websites as needed.
- Develop and modify artwork, renderings, and branding elements in original software format through to preparation of layouts to for printing.
- Integrate graphic design with photography, videography and audio production with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Audition.
- Receives orders for product or service tasks. Ensures tasks are recorded in the online job tracking application.
- Operate, maintain and troubleshoot office machines, including production printers, photocopiers, scanners, mat cutter, laser engraver and personal computers.
- Assist with the development of electronic forms as necessary.
- Format, proofread, and edit publications according to government style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements, and make updates as necessary. Compile multiple files when required and modify/convert to PDF.
- Manage complex, large reproduction jobs with high quality control and attention to detail. Ensuring proper paper/material choices, alignment, color correction, complete and proper order, efficient handling and the job is accomplished on schedule.
- Utilize a variety of binding types, machines and processes to achieve highly professional quality bound presentation documents.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of two (2) years of specialized experience in graphic design.
- At least 2-5 years of experience and a high level of proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud. Includes Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Bridge and Acrobat Pro. (other Adobe apps are a plus.)
- At least 2-5 years of experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook.
- Previous DoD experience is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must.
- Experience working closely with clients assisting with the visual communication of their ideas, messaging and concepts, using optimal processes, tools and techniques to create a high-quality product.
- A solid understanding of modern design styles, concepts, techniques, industry-standard software and hardware tools, and an active interest in growing and honing that expertise.
- Excellent customer service experience. The ability to work comfortably alone or in a group setting receiving and providing regular constructive peer criticism.
- The ability to work on simultaneous projects, establish and manage deadlines, adjust to frequently changing requirements, and provide knowledgeable guidance to the client ensuring deadlines and expectations are met.
- Flexibility to work on related tasks including document printing and production, special event support, training, and other things that may be outside of normal duties.
- A strong background in developing a variety of graphic elements such as illustrations, graphics, logos, infographics, digital presentations, briefings, brochures, digital displays, signage, posters, newsletters, promotional items, booklets and business cards.
- Experience with page layout, printing and finishing. Understanding printing concepts and working with modern digital printer workflows.
- Ability to follow and create comprehensive branding and style guides.
- Experience with photography, videography and audio production, including DSLR cameras, digital video cameras, A/V production and recording equipment (microphones, mixers, cabling and rigging, etc.), software (Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Audition, etc.) live streaming and other related experience is a plus.
- Experience with print production is a plus. This includes high-volume printing, large format printing, laminating, cutting, binding, proofing, assembly, color management, etc.
- Experience with digital mat cutting, framing, award design, laser engraving, vinyl cutting, 3D printing is a plus.
- Familiarity with printing and publishing convention, technique and best practices. Able to handle working with various stock materials and mediums to achieve the highest quality product for the client.
- Previous DoD experience a plus.
- The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Advanced Resource Technologies, Inc. is committed to a work environment free of all forms of discrimination and member of DHS E-Verify Program.
Advanced Resource Technologies, Inc. recruits and hires without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time