Graphic Artist - 3D, Adobe Creative Cloud - Secret clearance
Advanced Resource Technologies, Inc. (ARTI) is currently recruiting for a Graphic Artist in support of the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). Position is full-time, exempt. Start date is immediate upon selection and Secret security clearance processing as required.
The Graphic Artist provides high quality conceptual art and design services as part of a dedicated customer-service focused team. The Artist needs to specialize in 3D modeling, animation and design with a focus on technical and conceptual styles. The Artist will often work closely with clients to develop original sketches, illustrations, artwork and models with multiple revisions and flexibility toward delivering a polished final product that conveys the intended message. The Artist will also need to possess the ability to create 3D animations in a variety of environments and styles. Additionally, the Artist will need to be proficient in modern graphic design skills, 2D illustration and design, photo manipulation, color, page layout, print production and related hardware. Proficiency in a 3D animation package such as Adobe Cinema 4D, 3D Studio Max, Maya, Lightwave or similar is a must, as is Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, AfterEffects, Premiere, etc. Additionally, a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and production skills such as 3D printing, large-format printing, matting and framing, and binding are positive.
A customer service background is key to success in this position as the department works as a team to support the entire agency. Prior graphics experience in a defense, scientific or research environment a plus.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creation of original 3D models, art, environments and animations for a large variety of technical and non-technical subject matter using 3D modeling/animation software.
- Develop 3D/2D art and graphics such as charts, infographics, graphs, illustrations, logos, diagrams, mockups, layouts, storyboards, animation sequences, etc.
- Work with clients to develop ideas into sketches, mockups, initial renderings, final renderings, revisions and final product delivery of various format and style.
- Develop close working relationships with senior staff and support liaisons.
- Occasionally assist with production efforts such as printing, binding, scanning, matting, mounting and framing, laser engraving and cutting, 3D printing, photography, videography, and special event support.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five (5) years of specialized experience in 3D modeling, animation, graphic art and design.
- Experience with internet/intranet web site development a plus
- Must possess the ability to create and integrate a design using a variety of visual concepts, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform or captivate the client.
- Proficiency in generating original 3D artwork and animations with a focus on technical and conceptual content.
- Ability to visualize complex conceptual ideas in a 3D and 2D environment and develop those visualizations into polished, high-quality content suitable for publication on a variety of platforms (social media, web, video, broadcast, print, etc.)
- Proficiency in graphic design technique, modern styles and practices, technical proficiency in preferred 3D modeling & animation software, desire for continual learning and refinement.
- Flexibility, strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently and/or in a group on multiple projects under time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to work well with others in an open, customer-service focused and collaborative office environment.
- Positive attitude and willingness to assist with special group efforts and tasks when needed.
- Demonstrate sound judgement, analytical skills, forward-thinking and dynamic problem solving skills.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication, correspondence and customer-service skills.
- Previous DoD experience a plus.
Mandatory Requirement: Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility for access to classified information, Secret.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
ARTI is committed to a work environment free of all forms of discrimination and member of DHS E-Verify Program.
ARTI recruits and hires without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time