Facility Services Specialist
Advanced Resource Technologies, Inc. (ARTI), is currently recruiting for a Facility Services Specialist in support of DARPA in Arlington, VA. Position is full-time, non-exempt.
The Facilities Service Specialist provides basic maintenance support to include furniture moves, installation and reconfiguration, conference room setups, minor building maintenance and other facilities functions, as required by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). Conducts duties and responsibilities IAW Agency and department's policy and applicable OSHA and security regulations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Hang whiteboards, clocks, signage, pictures and other misc. items IAW building rules and regulations.
- Perform conference room setups for events and meetings at the scheduled times.
- Perform interoffice moves, safe moves, and furniture reconfigurations.
- Repair broken furniture and/or coordinate warranty repairs for furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FF&E).
- Perform minor building maintenance such as patching and painting walls, replacing carpet tiles or other finishes.
- Organize, schedule, and coordinate with DARPA customers to address facility service requests. Check all service ticket requests for accuracy.
- Respond to customers inquiries and provide feedback within a timely manner.
- Maintain service ticket requests in Maintenance Module of CAFM Tool, updating status on all open tickets and the action taken to complete each ticket.
- Perform basic data entry using the Computer-Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) Tool and other computer equipment.
- Maintain storage areas in a neat and orderly condition at all times. Adhere to OSHA and fire regulations for safety.
- Assist other functional areas within FLD, as needed.
- Minimum of 1 year experience moving furniture, equipment and supplies within an office building environment.
- Display a positive attitude and strong customer service skills.
- Familiarity of common hand-tools desired.
- Position includes moderate physical effort and handling objects weighing up to 65 pounds. Occasionally, lifting heavier objects with the assistance of others or weight handling equipment.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and good communication skills in order to respond appropriately to pressures, deadlines and frequent changes in priorities and schedules are an essential requirement.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and work well independently.
- Federal government work experience is desirable.
Mandatory Requirement: Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility for access to classified information, Secret clearance level.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
ARTI is committed to a work environment free of all forms of discrimination and member of DHS E-Verify Program.
ARTI recruits and hires without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time