DOD/DTS Travel Specialist - Currently funded position
The Travel Specialist is responsible for providing travel support services for routine business travel as well as several large conferences throughout the year for the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA).
Process government travel orders.
* Review travel vouchers within the Defense Travel System (DTS).
* Act as DTS Administrator and responsible for running reports, maintaining profiles, routing lists and providing Help Desk assistance.
* Maintain a file system containing all pertinent travel related information.
* Carefully examine travel vouchers for accuracy and completeness before forwarding to the Defense Finance & Accounting Center (DFAS). Work with the client to ensure any problems or issues on his/her travel voucher are rectified.
* Provide training to the client on appropriate travel policy and procedures.
* Work with traveler to resolve any travel voucher questions or errors.
* Fax or mail vouchers to DFAS and update database to reflect status.
* Work with DFAS to resolve any unpaid or delinquent voucher issues.
* Enter all tasks, as appropriate, into the Performance Tracking System.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* An associate’s degree along with 2 years travel-related work experience or 4 years specialized DTS and DOD travel experience may be substituted for a degree.
* Minimum of 2 years experience in a travel related support capacity
* Minimum of 1 year experience in a Federal Government travel related support capacity. Experience in a DoD environment is preferred and experience with DTS administration is highly desired.
* Experience with an automated travel management system is required. Experience with the Defense Travel System (DTS) is preferred.
* Some experience dealing with DFAS.
Skills & Knowledge
* Excellent oral communication and attention to detail skills required.
* Must be proficient in software applications to include Microsoft Office and Excel, and possess strong administrative skills.
* Must be willing to learn the specific program requirements of the position.
* Ability to effectively interact with personnel at all levels in a dynamic work environment is required.
* Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
* Must be organized and detail oriented.
* Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Job Status: Full Time