COMSEC Telecommunications Engineer
In support of the Department of Energy, responsible for providing Technical Surveillance Countermeasures (TSCM) and COMSEC services, inspections, in-conference security monitoring services, and pre-construction advice and assistance missions. Provide advice and research on technology solutions and equipment for the program. Conduct technical briefings to senior level government officials.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to pre-employment drug testing and a pre-employment medical physical exam. In addition, will be subject to random drug testing post-employment in accordance to Drug/Alcohol-Free Work Place Policy and Government requirements.
Mandatory Requirement: Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility for DOE Q or TS equivalent, SCI Eligible.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing Telecommunications services to include implementing a Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) secure voice initiative at both DOE Headquarters locations.
- Responsible for improving, maintaining, and supporting all telecommunications services, security, asset operations and managing of equipment.
- Provisioning of all telecommunications assets to include location and updating/maintaining the inventory of telecommunication assets.
- Serving as liaison to users by providing the expertise on all aspects of telecommunications services.
- Issue-out and provide accountability of telecommunication devices.
- Developing and maintaining all telecommunication operations and security Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Performing Communications Security (COMSEC) Custodial duties to include COMSEC support with users.
- Installing/configuring/maintaining Secure Telephone Equipment (STE) phones.
- Providing hands-on assistance involving troubleshooting and diagnostic support for all related systems, equipment failures or service issues.
- Stocking, storing, and issuing keying materials to COMSEC subaccounts and other COMSEC accounts.
- Perform key management, maintain records and files, and report security incidents.
The COMSEC Telecommunications Engineer/Analyst shall possess the following background, knowledge, and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific or technical discipline. A recognized industry certification or accreditation relevant to the position can be substituted for the degree requirement with an additional 3 years of relevant experience. Each recognized industry certification/accreditation is equivalent to one year of college. With a Master’s degree in a relevant field, 3 years of experience is required. Related industry professional certification desired.
- Specialized experience must include progressively responsible experience in areas of systems analysis/programming voice and data communications. Experience must include 3 years of experience in network design and implementation of networked information technology systems.
- 3 years of operating telecommunications technologies in secure and unsecure environments to include Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and supporting COMSEC and SATCOM activities.
- Ability to effectively interact with personnel at all levels in a dynamic work environment is required.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Job Status: Full Time